Cairngorm Treks is a small family business based in the picturesque village of Tomintoul in the North East region of the Cairngorms National Park. We provide bespoke Mountain Trekking Guiding for Single Day Mountain Walks and Lightweight Multiday Mountain Trekking experiences, including wild camping, in the stunning Cairngorms wilderness and surrounding areas. Whether in the high mountains or lower valleys, our Multiday Mountain Treks are equipped with high quality, lightweight camping and trekking gear. We only work with small groups and, whatever your ability, pride ourselves on designing your outdoor experience completely to your needs and with professional guidance and expertise. Adventure is waiting...
Our overall aim is to provide qualified, professional and experienced mountain guiding needed to enjoy the unique and wilderness mountain landscapes found in this fantastic part of the world. As such: –
- We offer bespoke mountain guiding for Single Mountain Day Walks and Lightweight Multiday Mountain Trekking experiences in the stunning environments of the Cairngorms mountain wilderness and surrounding areas.
- We aim to work with you on a personal basis to help you design your trekking experience, whether high or low level, or for a single or multiday adventure.
- During our Mountain Treks we strongly believe in ongoing flexible planning which will give you the best experience and allow the freedom to wander and explore.
- Our Multiday Mountain Treks are fully sourced with food and high quality lightweight camping and Mountain Trekking equipment.
- We can also include other elements into your Mountain Trekking experience such as Photography, wildlife safaris, route planning, navigation tuition, backpacking skills and camp craft.
- We will transport you in comfort and for free to and from your Mountain Trekking start and end points. We will also collect you for free from your accommodation provider and key transport hubs, such as Aviemore station.
- Depending on your requirements we can base your Single Day Mountain Walk or Lightweight Multiday Mountain Trekking experiences around specific areas such as Aviemore, Ballater, Braemar, Grantown on Spey, Feshiebridge, Nethy Bridge or Tomintoul.
- Overriding all of this is a passionate belief that the wonderful Cairngorm environments we are surrounded by are an exceptional recreational resource, providing benefits for both physical and mental well being which can be accessed by all, irrespective of age or ability.