This trek has now sold out. Please contact us for a bespoke trek or complete the below form to be notified of any cancellations.
Join us for a night walk that will utilise the light of the full moon to guide us up the second highest mountain in the UK, Ben Macdui.
Setting off at around 7pm from the Cairngorm Mountain Ski Centre and during the last light of the day, we will head up high onto the Cairngorm Plateau as the sun sets. As we ascend into darkness, we will use torches and the light of the moon to summit the highest mountain in the Cairngorms, Ben Macdui. We will make time to stargaze, take photographs and enjoy the tranquility of mountain darkness. A cooked breakfast and hot drinks (cooked and brewed by your guide!) will be provided towards the end of the walk.
Cairngorm Treks will provide the following:
- A warming breakfast and hot drinks in a mountain setting before you head back home.
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning mountain locations.
- An opportunity to learn night navigation techniques.
- Encyclopaedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and night-time trekking.
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding.
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
Dates for 2018…
- 20% deposit (£12) is required to secure your place.
- The full amount is payable by the date of the trek.
- Read our cancellation policy here.
Location: Starting and returning at the Cairngorm Mountain Ski Centre. Transport to this location from the surrounding area can be provided by arrangement at no extra cost.
Equipment needed: Personal walking gear including waterproofs, boots and warm clothing. We will provide breakfast at the end of the trek as well as hot drinks, but you will need to provide any personal snacks and cold drinks. You will also need a head torch with spare batteries. Please see What do you need on a single day trek? for more details.
Walking Grade: Moderate to Strenuous grade 5-10 (see more about our fitness grading here)
Group Size: Limited to maximum of 8 clients. Minimum booking of 3.
Please complete the form below to enquire or book a place on this trek. We will aim to get back to you
as soon as possible.