Join us for a night walk that aims to showcase the dark night skies of the Cairngorms, with photography tuition from our expert guide, Myrddin Irwin.
Setting off at around 6pm from the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre in Glenmore and during the last light of the day, we will head through the stunning Ryvoan Pass, home to pine forest, heather moor and the infamous Emerald Loch. Walking using torches, we will utilise night navigation skills to head high onto the ridge of Bynack More.
Whilst on the ridge we will spend a bit of time using the grand tors and surrounding environment to create amazing night photographs. Your guide and photography tutor will be on hand to help you make the most of your camera and environment. Possible northern lights? Maybe we’ll strike lucky! We will then head back down the hill and find a suitable area to cook a hot breakfast. Hot drinks will also be provided on route. Our approximate finish time will be at around 3am.
Cairngorm Treks will provide the following:
- A warming breakfast and hot drinks in a mountain setting before you head back home.
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning mountain locations.
- An opportunity to learn night navigation techniques and expert tuition in photography.
- Encyclopaedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and night-time trekking.
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding.
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
Dates for 2018…
- 20% deposit (£12) is required to secure your place.
- The full amount is payable 7 days before the date of the trek.
- Read our cancellation policy here.
Location: Starting and returning at the Reindeer Centre in Glenmore. Transport to this location from the surrounding area can be provided by arrangement at no extra cost.
Equipment needed: Personal walking gear including waterproofs, boots and warm clothing. We will provide breakfast at the end of the trek as well as hot drinks, but you will need to provide any personal snacks and cold drinks. You will also need a head torch with spare batteries. Please see What do you need on a single day trek? for more details.
Camera gear: A camera, preferably an SLR with a suitable lens and a steady tripod.
Walking Grade: Moderate to Strenuous grade 5-10 (see more about our fitness grading here)
Group Size: Limited to maximum of 6 clients. Minimum booking of 3.
Please complete the form below to enquire or book a place on this trek. We will aim to get back to you
as soon as possible.