Join us for a night walk that will utilise the light of the full moon to guide us across the Meall a’ Bhuachaille ridge.
Setting off at around 6pm from the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre in Glenmore and during the last light of the day, we will head through the stunning Ryvoan Pass, home to pine forest, heather moor and the infamous Emerald Loch. We will then take a steep ascent onto the Meall a’ Bhuachaille ridge as the sun sets.
At the summit of Meall a’ Bhuachaille we will witness mountain twilight and prepare for walking in darkness. Using torches and light of the moon to guide us, we will walk along the ridge whilst taking time to stargaze, take photographs and enjoy the tranquility of mountain darkness. A cooked breakfast and hot drinks (cooked and brewed by your guide!) will be provided towards the end of the walk.
Cairngorm Treks will provide the following:
- A warming breakfast and hot drinks in a mountain setting before you head back home.
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning mountain locations.
- An opportunity to learn night navigation techniques.
- Encyclopaedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and night-time trekking.
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding.
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
Dates for 2018…
- 20% deposit (£10) is required to secure your place.
- The full amount is payable by the date of the trek.
- Read our cancellation policy here.
Location: Starting and returning at the Reindeer Centre in Glenmore. Transport to this location from the surrounding area can be provided by arrangement at no extra cost.
Equipment needed: Personal walking gear including waterproofs, boots and warm clothing. We will provide breakfast at the end of the trek as well as hot drinks, but you will need to provide any personal snacks and cold drinks. You will also need a head torch with spare batteries. Please see What do you need on a single day trek? for more details.
Walking Grade: Moderate.
Group Size: Limited to maximum of 8 clients. Minimum booking of 3.
Please complete the form below to enquire or book a place on this trek. We will aim to get back to you
as soon as possible.