Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms, exclusively for women. Facilitated by life coach Shona Macpherson and guided by Cairngorm Treks.
This 3 Day Trek is for women who want to experience the psychological and physical well being that the remote beauty and wildness that the Highland mountains and valleys bring. The sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights is life changing.
You won’t have mobile or Wi-Fi signal so for 3 days you will only have yourself to look after and care for. This may be a rare experience in your busy, structured life.
You will carry all that you need for the trip (most of which we will provide, more information will be given on this). This means letting go of make up, hair straighter, multiple clothing choices etc. for 3 days and only focusing on what we really need for the journey.
Letting go of ‘stuff’, responsibilities and distractions for 3 days gives you the space to think about what you want to – or to think as little as possible and just be. Whether you want to use this time to work something out for yourself or just to slow down and let the environment speak to you, is totally up to you.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by Shona from Shona Macpherson Coaching and by either Simon or Myrddin, mountain trekking guides from Cairngorm Treks.
Shona will offer the following:
- A private Facebook group to help you to prepare to get the most of the experience starting 3 weeks before the trip.
- An opportunity to chat one to one if there is an issue you wish to explore during the trek
- Ideas about how to use the quiet times: mindfulness, writing, drawing
Cairngorm Treks will provide the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- All your nutritional needs…breakfast, lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments…we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
Dates for 2018…
- 20% deposit (£65) is required to secure your place.
- The full amount is payable by the date of the trek.
- Read our cancellation policy here.
Your life coach for this trek…
Shona Macpherson is a life coach and personal trainer based in Inverness. She specialises in helping women with low self esteem. You can find out more about Shona here.
Location: We will aim to meet up with the group in Aviemore. We will then transport you to the start and end point of the 3 day Trek. Our intended route will not be decided until nearer the date, once we know the group build up and the expected weather conditions. The intention is to spend 3 days Trekking the Central Cairngorms but we might travel as far as the Balmoral Estate and Lochnagar, or Braemar and the hills accessible from the Linn of Dee if the conditions are significantly better in these areas.
Total Target Pack Weight: 10kg maximum including personal gear and food for up to 3 days.
Walking Grade: Moderate
Group Size: Limited to maximum of 6 clients for each Trek
Please complete the form below to enquire or book a place on this trek. We will aim to get back to you
as soon as possible.