Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms, focussing on Yoga in the mountain wilderness of the Cairngorms. Facilitated by Yoga Instructor Jonas Linturn and guided by Cairngorm Treks.
This 3 Day Trek is for people who want to experience the psychological and physical wellbeing that the remote beauty and wildness that the Highland mountains and valleys bring. The sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights is life changing with the additional positive impact of Yoga.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by Jonas and by either Simon or Myrddin, mountain trekking guides, from Cairngorm Treks. During the Trek Jonas will deliver a minimum of two daily sessions in some of the most outstanding wilderness environment the UK has to offer. These sessions will be suitable for beginners and for those practicing yoga already.
Jonas will offer the following:
- A minimum of 2 Yoga sessions a day
- Skilled Yoga Instruction
- Individual discussion and tuition on the benefits of Yoga and how you can bring this daily to your life
- The links between the practical and spiritual elements of Yoga
- Empathy, sensitivity and patience for those new to, returning to or wishing to take their Yoga further
- A passion for the Scotland’s mountain environment
- Selecting the ‘right’ locations for experiencing Yoga sessions in the grandeur and isolation of the Cairngorm Mountains.
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether
Cairngorm Treks will provide the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- All your nutritional needs…breakfast, lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations
- Encyclopaedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments…we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
About Jonas Linturn…
Jonas had the privilege of growing up right next to the majestic beauty that is the Cairngorm Mountains, and has been exploring this unique landscape since he was a child, first with his father and later on both solo and with friends. He has spent many years hiking in the hills of Scotland, and also internationally, most notably in the Himalayas. Over time Jonas has become a good friend of both Simon and the whole team at Cairngorm Treks, after using them for developing his mountaineering skills in preparation for his Mountain Leadership Training.
For Jonas, Yoga and mountaineering are true passions and he is very excited to be putting them together in this way. He discovered yoga about ten years ago, and has been practicing diligently for the last seven years. After a couple of years of developing his interest further, he decided he would like to pass on his skills to others and is qualified and certified as an Ashtanga Yoga Instructor.
He soon realised that what started as a physical regime became more of a therapeutic way of life and he has seen the positive transformation in peoples’ lives through the conscientious practice of yoga.
Dates for 2018…
- 20% deposit (£65) is required to secure your place.
- The full amount is payable by the date of the trek.
- Read our cancellation policy here.
Your yoga instructor for this trek…
Jonas Lintern is qualified and certified as an Ashtanga Yoga Instructor. He is a good friend of Cairngorm Treks and we are delighted that he is able to facilitate this new dimension to our treks.
Location: We will aim to meet up with the group in Aviemore. We will then transport you to the start and end point of the 3 day Trek. Our intended route will not be decided until nearer the date. The intention will be to spend 3 days trekking the Central Cairngorms but we might travel as far as the Balmoral Estate and Lochnagar, or Braemar and the valleys accessible from the Linn of Dee if the conditions are significantly better in these areas. We will return you to Aviemore at the end of this Trek.
Total Target Pack Weight: 11kg maximum including personal gear and food for up to 3 days.
Walking Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
Group Size: Limited to maximum of 6 clients.
Please complete the form below to enquire or book a place on this trek. We will aim to get back to you
as soon as possible.