Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms, exclusively for men. Facilitated by life coach David Thompson and guided by Cairngorm Treks.
This 3 Day Trek is for men who want to experience the psychological and physical well being that the remote beauty and wildness that the Highland mountains and valleys bring. The sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights is life changing.
You won’t have mobile or Wi-Fi signal so for 3 days you will only have yourself to look after and care for. This may be a rare experience in your busy, structured life.
You will carry all that you need for the trip (most of which we will provide, more information will be given on this). This means letting go of usual everyday comfort items for 3 days and only focusing on what we really need for the journey.
Letting go of ‘stuff’, responsibilities and distractions for 3 days gives you the space to think about what you want to – or to think as little as possible and just be. Whether you want to use this time to work something out for yourself or just to slow down and let the environment speak to you, is totally up to you.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by Life Coach, David Thompson and by either Simon or Myrddin, Mountain Trekking Guides from Cairngorm Treks.
David will offer the following:
Guidance and support for each individual, helping you identify your ‘Summit’ and any Goals you would like to achieve; establish your ‘Basecamp’ looking at Where you are right now; and plan your ‘Route to the Top’ helping you make decisions on any Necessary steps for future action. Overall, this will help you create a journey you love, that is aligned with your values and that is truly important to your life.
‘Campfire Conversations’ – a safe space around the metaphorical ‘campfire’ to share stories, discuss any obstacles or challenges you are facing along your journey, open up about the pressures of everyday life, get support from your fellow adventurers, and deepen the connections with like minded people.
Coaching will be a delivered via a mix of private and group sessions both prior to, and throughout the Wellbeing Trek.
A private Facebook group will be opened up 2 weeks before our trip so we can interact, get to know one another and share what we would most like to get out of the adventure.
Cairngorm Treks will offer the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- All your nutritional needs…breakfast, lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments…we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
David Thompson is a Lifestyle, Well-being & Fitness Coach based in Glasgow’s West End. His work focuses on helping busy professionals make positive changes to their mindset and lifestyle, so they can start experiencing a healthier, happier, more fulfilling life.
Whether that is: Improving their work/life balance; reducing stress and overwhelm; increasing their sense of well-being & energy levels; becoming more connected and present with family and friends; prioritising their health and fitness; finding ways to feel more content and fulfilled in every day… to name a few!
David helps his clients re-connect with what’s truly important in life, identify the necessary changes that they need to make, and then creates new habits & strategies that will move them closer to their goals… providing the guidance, support and accountability along the way.
At the end of the day, we all want the same thing…. To feel great and be happy.