Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms, exclusively for women. Facilitated by life coach Shona Macpherson and guided by Cairngorm Treks.
This 3 Day Trek is for women who want to experience the psychological and physical wellbeing that the remote beauty and wildness that the Highland mountains and valleys bring. The sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights, unplugged from every day distractions is life changing.
Letting go of ‘stuff’, responsibilities and distractions for 3 days gives your mind and your heart space. It’s a chance to slow down and let nature speak to you.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by Shona from Shona Macpherson Coaching and by either Simon or Myrddin, mountain trekking guides from Cairngorm Treks. Shona is passionate about helping people remember their nature connect.
Shona will offer the following:
- Nature connection and mindfulness input (influenced by the work of Nan Shepherd)
- An opportunity to chat one to one if there is an issue you wish to explore during the trek
- A private Facebook group to help you to prepare to get the most of the experience starting 2 weeks before the trip.
Cairngorm Treks will offer the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- All your nutritional needs…breakfast, lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments…we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
We’ve had some wonderful feedback over the years so we have collated some of ur favourite Trekking for Wellbeing reviews below. You might also be interested in reading this blog by one of our Wellbeing trekkers, Lindsay, who detailed her time spent with us in the Cairngorms in the autumn of 2018.
“I’ve left with a renewed sense of myself, what is important to me, and how I can be my true self in my current life, each day, in manageable ways.
I was feeling at a low point in my life and I was attracted by the fact that this was a women’s trek. I learned so much through chatting and sharing experiences and spending time in this environment. I really related to the life coaching models we looked and I found the sit spot exercise powerful and I have been doing this since the trek. The mindfulness work was awesome too! So many laughs and amazing memories”
“Both Simon and Shona were extremely experienced, knowledgeable and professional in their fields of expertise and so communicative, supportive and patient throughout with everyone. It was also a pleasure getting the opportunity to know the other members of the group, all strangers, who all supported and encouraged each other throughout. I have come home physically tired with some bruises and blisters but mentally and emotionally refreshed and can honestly say it is an experience I will remember for all the right reasons so thanks to you all for that and one I would highly recommend to others.”
“Wow, one of the best and most memorable weekends of my life for all the right reasons. Simon, the owner and guide is the best man for the job. His knowledge of the area and the wildlife is incredible and we all felt so safe in his very capable hands. Shona, was just brilliant. The trek had everything you could wish for, some more challenging sections, time for a chill out, quiet, beautiful areas away from tourists. The food provided for us is plentiful. The kit provided is excellent and Simon fits the bags properly according to size. I cannot fault anything about the trip. I can’t wait to book my next one!”
“One word… incredible! At times the conditions were tough with typical Scottish weather including high winds and rain. Nothing though could dampen our spirits with the excellent guidance of Simon. The group of five women and excellent Life coach Shona Macpherson worked very well and there was plenty of support for each other during the harder climbs. I have come back from my trip feeling proud of my achievement and with a clearer stronger mind set and feeling of wellbeing.”