Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms. Facilitated by Wild Swimmer and Outdoor Educator Lynn Munro, and guided by Cairngorm Treks.
This 3 Day Trek is for those who want to reconnect with their primitive selves by spending time trekking in the mountains and glens, and swimming in the rivers and lochs of the Cairngorms. Added to this, the sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights can be life changing.
You won’t have mobile or Wi-Fi signal so for 3 days you will only have yourself to look after and care for. This may be a rare experience in your busy, structured life.
You will carry all that you need for the trip (most of which we will provide, more information will be given on this). This means letting go of usual everyday comfort items for 3 days and only focusing on what we really need for the journey.
Letting go of ‘stuff’, responsibilities and distractions for 3 days gives you the space to think about what you want to – or to think as little as possible and just be. Whether you want to use this time to work something out for yourself or just to slow down and let the environment speak to you, is totally up to you.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by either Simon or Myrddin, Mountain Trekking Duides from Cairngorm Treks, and by Lynn Munro, a certified open water life guard.
Lynn will offer the following:
- The opportunity to explore remote lochs safely
- The connecting story between water and well-being
- The chance to reflect, write and create before, during and after as individuals and a group
- Listening and creating metaphors in our life through the process of being held by the water
- Mindful movement practices linking to conditions and individuals
- Bowls with Stories – a ceremony connecting food, water and land;how porridge and cold water meet (Read about Lynn’s award winning porridge here)
Cairngorm Treks will offer the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- All your nutritional needs…breakfast [Lyns’ Bowls of Porridge!], lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks [especially after swimming/water immersion]
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations, including high and secretive lochs and lochans
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments…we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!