Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms, focussing on Yoga in the mountain wilderness of the Cairngorms. Facilitated by Yoga Instructor Lindsay Warrack and guided by Cairngorm Treks. This Trek is open to both women and men.
This 3 Day Trek is for people who want to experience the psychological and physical wellbeing that the remote beauty and wildness that the Highland mountains and glens bring. The sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights is life changing with the additional positive impact of Yoga.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by Lindsay and by Simon, mountain trekking guide. During the Trek Lindsay will deliver a minimum of two daily yoga sessions in some of the most outstanding wilderness environment the UK has to offer. These sessions will be suitable for beginners and for those practicing yoga already.
Lindsay will offer the following:
- A minimum of 2 Yoga sessions a day
- Skilled Yoga Instruction
- Individual discussion and tuition on the benefits of Yoga and how you can bring this daily to your life
- The links between the practical and spiritual elements of Yoga
- Empathy, sensitivity and patience for those new to, returning to or wishing to take their Yoga further
- A passion for Scotland’s mountain environment
- Selecting the ‘right’ locations for experiencing Yoga sessions in the grandeur and isolation of the Cairngorm Mountains.
Cairngorm Treks will offer the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- Use of a lightweight full length Yoga Mat
- All your nutritional needs…breakfast, lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments…we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!