- To confirm your booking and secure your Mountain Trek we require a 20% deposit. This is non-refundable unless Cairngorm Treks needs to cancel your Mountain Trek, in which case you will receive a full refund and a complimentary 10% off any future Mountain Trek booked.
- We accept payment via PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cheque. Cash can be paid by arrangement.
- The full amount of your Mountain Trek is payable 7 days before the date of your Mountain Trek (unless booked before 16th July 2018, in which case our old booking policy still stands as detailed on your invoice).
- Any cancellation must be made in writing – post or email.
- All deposits are non refundable except if Cairngorm Treks has to cancel your trek. In this case all your deposit will be refunded.
- For cancellations made 14 days or more before your Mountain Trek, you will only forfeit your deposit.
- For cancellations made within less than 14 days before your Mountain Trek but more than 48 hours, a charge of 50% [including your deposit] will be made.
- For cancellations made within 48 hours before your Mountain Trek date you will be charged for the full amount.
- In the highly unlikely event of Cairngorm Treks having to cancel a Mountain Trek we will reimburse you in full, including your deposit, and offer a 10% reduction voucher for a rescheduled booking with us.
- For our fixed-date treks (found here) we may cancel if fewer than 3 people book on. This will result in a full refund and complementary 10% off future Mountain Treks with us.
- Cairngorm Treks reserves the right to curtail a Mountain Trek in the case of antisocial, criminal, dangerous, unsafe or irresponsible behaviour by one or more clients. Where clients are not known to each other, the unruly client[s] will be asked to leave the Trek. If this involves being escorted back to safety by an additional guide they will be billed for this at full guiding rate.
We highly recommend that all trekkers take out their own insurance to cover the following:
- The cost of cancellation by you (including the full cost of your trek and any transport or accommodation you may have booked).
- The cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness.
- Loss of personal items and money.